If someone would’ve told me as a 5 year old boy, “Son, one day you’re going to go to bed drunk on Franzia boxed wine and wake up to 50 blog followers,” I would’ve told that someone to stop calling me son and that they’re bat shit crazy. 50 followers, whew. It’s a dream come true.
I thought about what would be the best way to send a token of my appreciation to the first 50 followers to let them know that it truly means a lot. Just writing a simple thank you didn’t seem to be thanks enough. So how’s about a thank you and an autographed poster of me leaning against a wall of lockers at the roller rink, with a pretty sweet feathered hairdo, wearing a size 12 women’s jean shorts, sporting a 70’s porn ‘stache? That outta do it.
Please accept this gift of sincerest thanks, my fellow dimwits. It’s the least that I could do.
Feel free to print it out, frame it. Display the photo in your cubicle at work. It would look really nice next to that photo of you and your family vacationing at the beach, don’t you think? Yes, I think so.
Even though I’ve been blogging for a while, I always thought it was kinda lame to be honest. I never did much with it other than to get a few thoughts out of my head, make a post, then walk away. I never cared to read other people’s blogs. That is until work was really slow for me this year, and I had time to click around to see what else is out there in the blogosphere. I must say, I’m very impressed with the content. There are so many talented artists, writers, thinkers, adventurers, and let’s not forget about all of the talented scrapbook enthusiasts. I could never make a paper crimper to do the things that they do, not in a million years. Well done, bloggers. I can’t wait to discover what else is out there. If you have any recommendations, feel free to add them in the comments section.
I wanted to take this opportunity to send a few shout outs and to make a few recommendations for blogs that you may enjoy. These are sites that I’ve found to be rather funny, inspirational, artsy fartsy, and/or just plain cool. Maybe you will as well.
1. Mancakes – Uh, hilarious and heartfelt. Plus I’m her manservant which is way cool.
2. My Parents Are Crazier Than Yours – She’s right. Her parents are bloody crazy. Very witty and funny read.
3. Fat Bottom Girl Said What – Great blog title, right? Wait until you read the rest. Funny stuff plus she gave me my very first reblog!
4. Canadian Hiking Photography – My first ever follower. Thanks mate. Excellent photos and stories that go along with them.
5. Silent Grief – I would be a terrible son if I didn’t include my Mom’s website, yeah? She’s a talented author, motivational speaker, and makes kick ass meatballs. This is her website dedicated to grieving parents suffering through child loss. Excellent resource for those going through an extremely painful time.
Ok, well I’m not an everyday type of blogger. There are plenty of others who do a fine job of that. But I do intend to post fairly regularly, so be sure to follow along if you enjoy wetting your pants from laughter. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t enjoy a good pants wetting? Welp, off to go do some more exploring…
The Captain of the Dimwits